Shop by category
See all 8 brand new listings. Buy It Now. Add to cart. Spears , Paperback.
- Dictionaries & Thesauri!
- Featured categories;
- Mud Puddle.
- Online Reference Shelf: General.
Be the first to write a review About this product. About this product Product Information Understand American English better by mastering its idioms This authoritative reference offers thousands of American English idioms, common phrases, and colloquialisms. Entries include definitions and examples of idioms used in context. With help from "McGraw-Hill's Essential American Idioms Dictionary," you will become familiar with English as it is used in the media, at work, around the house, and in everyday conversations.
This knowledge will help you comprehend English as it is spoken in the United States and add variety to your word usage.
McGraw-Hill's Essential American Idioms - Richard Spears - Google Books
Inside you will find: 2, entries with examples of everyday usage The latest idioms used in the American lexicon Fun illustrations that show the humor of taking expressions too literally. Additional Product Features Dewey Edition. Show More Show Less.
Any Condition Any Condition. See all Compare similar products. You Are Viewing.
- American idioms book download;
- Foot and Ankle Motion Analysis: Clinical Treatment and Technology (Biomedical Engineering).
- Encyclopedias, Handbooks, Guides (Writing/General)?
- Handbook of Teratology: Mechanisms and Pathogenesis;
- McGraw-Hill's Essential American Idioms 2/E.
- Hugh of Saint Victor (Great Medieval Thinkers).
Richard A. Spears : We found 17 results. Filter Sort. Sorted By: Top Matches. Filtered By:.
Grid List. Order By: Top Matches. Phrases and Idioms by Richard A.
- A companion to the history of science.
- Mcgraw-Hill's Essential American Slang Dictionary on Apple Books.
- Shop with confidence?
- McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Idioms Dictionary - Richard Spears - Google книги.
- Conquering Writers Block and Summoning Inspiration: Learn to Nurture a Lifestyle of Creativity.
- McGraw-Hill's Essential American Slang.
- The Geography Of Opportunity: Race And Housing Choice In Metropolitan America (James A. Johnson Metro Series).
In stock online Available in stores. This quick-access book defines and explains 2, confusing American English phrases and idioms, making their meaning crystal clear. Completely indexed. Learn more than 3, English expressions and speak and understand the language easily As a new speaker of English, you may hear some expressions in your daily conversations that you do not understand--yet. In stock online Not available in stores. Better understand American English by mastering its phrasal verbs This authoritative reference offers thousands of American English phrasal verbs, two-word verbs, prepositional verbs, and verbs that are used together.
Entries include definitions and examples of…. Learn the language of Nebraska. You will find commonly used phrasal….
Idioms Textbook Recommendations
With more than 7, up-to-date phrases, this dictionary covers situations from talking to a doctor to ordering a meal, and helps learners communicate personal feelings, and make small talk. Ships within weeks Available in stores. This includes more than 1, of the most frequently used idioms in contemporary British English, each with at least two example sentences. Compiled with non-native speakers in mind, the entire collection is compressed into a pocket-size edition.